Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's Day


Once, when I was probably about five or six years old, I remember that my dad brought me a little heart shaped box with six chocolates inside for Valentine's Day. Filled with self-control, I somehow saved those candies for over a year because I thought that they were so special that I shouldn't eat them. Until my mom found them, declared them too old, and we had to throw them away. It's funny because as I'm typing this, I realize that I still do this sort of thing today. I save items we've imported from the States and use them so sparingly that I usually have to throw them away because they expire or become rancid. This has happened more than once, and Adam gets on my case about it.
Anyway, this year, we decided last minute to go out for Valentine's Day. We were able to find a friend to babysit Willow so that we could get away for a few hours. It was nice to go out and eat tasty food together without having to entertain Willow. We went out to a nice Italian restaurant and ate way too much food. Yum. Time is going by so fast. I can't believe that Willow is 7 months old, or that this was our 5th Valentine's Day together, or that we're in our third year of living overseas. It's crazy. It's blessed.

~julie

No comments:

Post a Comment