Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Little Sprinkle: Part 2

My mom and dad were also included in the baby shower. It was good to see my dad again, especially, since he is in Texas most of the time working. He brought his amazing camera and took some pictures during the party. Since I wasn't able to take any pictures during the actual "Sprinkle",  I stole these from my dad's Facebook page.

Some of the delicious treats on the dessert table. 

My mom and I. 


These pictures are of Willow, while all the ladies were inside playing some shower games. She is growing more brave with the dogs. At first, she was reckless with the dogs, then she began to fear them. Now she is learning how to exert what little authority she can muster and command Jake and Elwood to 'sit' or 'get down'.


It was at this point that Adam and I had to leave the party momentarily for a game to take place.
Willow is such a ham when it comes to posing.


Family picture! 

I was just noticing that Adam's and Willow's hair are almost the same color in this picture.



During the party, Willow continued to be a ham. She was such a hoot! I'm not sure if everyone at the party felt that way, but it was fun watching her 'participate' as much as she could. Here she is 'writing' her answers to a game. She raised her hand when her Aunt Hannah asked who had gotten at least 9 answers correct.
Willow with her Great-Grandma Johnson 


Every once in a while, Willow would come over to admire the gifts with loud exclamations. I think she knew that the gifts were not for her, but I'm not sure if she understood that they were for her brother once he arrives.



She also enjoyed playing with Adam's little cousins. The older girls were great about trying to be quiet and well-behaved, but Willow was hyper. She took this baby blanket that my mom made for our baby boy, and had all the girls covered up. Lots of squealing from Willow. During the devotion at the baby shower, she was so loud, that Adam intervened. Which caused Willow to cry for a minute. Somehow, Adam was able to quiet her down by the time we reached "Amen". To which Willow responded happily, "Amen!"



All of teh food! There were several kinds of salad and chicken salad sandwiches. So many kinds of deserts and delicious beverages to choose from!

The little girls ate outside on the porch.


Adam's cousin helping Willow eat lunch.


This picture was taken right after I grabbed Willow and reminded her that she should be sharing with her second cousin, Stella. "Sharing is good, Willow". "NO!" was her answer.

Thanks again, to Adam's family, for a wonderful baby shower! We truly didn't anticipate having a shower this time around, since this is our second baby, but we were very happy to celebrate the new life in our family! We felt very blessed and will remember this party with thankfulness.

Thanks dad, for the pictures. They are great memories! 

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to tell you how absolutely gorgeous your little Willow is. I can't get over how big she is. It's odd because some of her faces remind me of Emma. I look forward to post about the baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! Thank you for the compliment! It has been good to keep up with your family over facebook and blogs. I can't believe how big your kids are getting, and that you're expecting again! We can't believe how tall Willow is growing--she is 95% for height. sheesh!

      Delete