Sunday, March 25, 2012

Obligatory Food Pictures

For the first, I bought an avocado in Shenyang. I love avocados a lot--and usually make ordering decisions at restaurants based on whether or not it includes avocado. I had only ever seen avocados being sold at an expensive Japanese import store, for almost $15 per avocado. That obviously was never going to happen, but I would often consider splurging. The other day, I saw avocados at a new import store for only $2 an avocado. Granted, this is still expensive, but I was much more willing to splurge within this price range. I bought two. Willow tried some out and loved it. I made grilled cheese with tomatoes, avocado, and fresh cheddar. Yum.

It may seem a little silly to post a picture of my avocado. It may seem frivolous to post TWO pictures. But, I nearly cried when I cut into this avocado and saw the green inside. I was so happy, I yelled out, "It's beautiful!" And then I had to take a picture or two.

Yesterday, Adam surprised me by a sudden desire to be domestic. He vacuumed our rugs and made sweet potato casserole. I'm not sure what got into him, but I was enjoying the results.


This picture doesn't really do it justice, but this chicken and broccoli casserole is one of our favorite meals. It's sinfully delicious.


As are these parfaits. Layer chocolate or vanilla pudding with this homemade peanut butter whipped cream. Add chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, oreo cookies, banana slices---yum.

~julie

No comments:

Post a Comment