Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Indoctrination of Mr. Darcy


I just have to laugh at this book because Willow is going to grow up knowing about Darcy's ten thousand a year. It's so stinking clever, that it's probably meant more for moms than for babies. In this "Pride and Prejudice" board book, each page has sweet illustrations that count something from the original Austen story. I think I did laugh out loud when I read it for the first time. It was given to us by my cousin Joanna who always finds the best books for Willow.
Willow is studying the four marriage proposals page.


Willow's taking a look at the "Two Gentlemen: Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy" page.



Apparently, this book is part of a collection of "Baby Lit" books, including other board books based on Shakespeare, Charlotte Bronte, Lewis Carol, and so forth. Oh my!


~julie

No comments:

Post a Comment