Are you a lover of peanut butter?
Adam is in love with peanut butter.
One pro about their relationship is that I can see how loyal and dedicated he is.
Tragically, peanut butter is expensive in China.
I'm always looking for recipes that incorporate peanut butter. If we're going to spend money on the goo, we might as well make it worthwhile! There are lots of delicious recipes out there that specialize in enhancing one of food's greatest (according to Adam) innovations of all time. Although I'm not a committed fan of peanut butter, I must admit that this one of my favorite peanut butter recipes. We like to use peanut butter whipped cream in parfaits, but I can imagine that it would make a delicious topping to any kind of chocolate dessert or fruit ensemble. It's sinful. I LICK THE BOWL CLEAN.
|Strawberries, bananas, chocolate mousse, and PEANUT BUTTER WHIPPED CREAM!|
1 1/2 C. heavy cream
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 C. smooth peanut butter
- Whip 1 cup of cream with 2 Tbsp of sugar until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, warm up the peanut butter in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Mix the remaining 1/2 cup of un-whipped cream with the peanut butter and whisk until smooth.
- Here comes the good part: mix the peanut butter mixture and whipped cream together until combined. Refrigerate until serving.
Here are some ingredients we've used:
- Oreo cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
- Mini chocolate chips or peanut butter chocolate chips
- Vanilla, chocolate, or banana pudding
- Chocolate mousse
- Sliced bananas or strawberries
Once you've assembled your parfaits, refrigerate until serving. Try it out and tell me what you think. It's a great no-bake dessert for summer time bliss. What's your favorite no-bake dessert?
Don't forget to lick the bowl.