Thursday, June 20, 2013

One of the Reasons

That I wanted to become a teacher....

Some of my grandmother's students 
My grandmother's one-room-school-house 

Florence Rosadell Lee Bauler
One Room School House Teacher
Perfect Handwriting
Child Wrangler

Normal School--learning how to be teacher took one year. 

I'm a little fuzzy on all the details, but my grandma was a one-room-school house teacher, and that totally enthralled me as a child. I've inherited some of her old curriculum books and her stamp set that made work sheets. The stamp set looks like it was made 200 years ago, instead of just several decades ago. In any case, it seemed like such a romantic notion to be a teacher.

Being a teacher is hardly romantic, but looking at her pictures from when she taught....it's hard to think differently! Oh to wear white socks with black pumps, and pin your hair in pinwheel curls. To have tinted glasses and large wooden desks.

No comments:

Post a Comment