Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hobble and Waddle's Summer Vacation

Part Five



Getting Ready for Hannah's wedding!


Between prenatal visits, as well as Adam's surgery and therapy sessions--we tried to spend as much time as possible at Adam's family's house. Adam wanted to be stationed at my parent's house after his sister's wedding because he is nervous that the baby will come flying out at any moment. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it is a little reassuring to be 20 minutes from the hospital instead of two hours away.

I'm so glad that we were able to be in America this summer so that we could be a part of Adam's sister's wedding day.

Here are some magical wedding centerpieces that Grandmas and Aunts worked on.







The reception was held in this tent in the Johnson's backyard. It was a large tent that could comfortably seat up to 250 people. The weather was up and down with wind and rain, so it was definitely a blessing to have this tent to protect the reception guests.


Getting manicures and pedicures two days before the big day.





Pretty nails, Hannah! I felt special to be invited too--and to get a nice pre-newborn pedicure. It felt extra good since I can't reach my feet very easily any longer.


When we got back to Adam's parent's house, the guys were on the front lawn painting lines for a temporary parking lot--they painted lines for almost 100 cars.
I loved that Adam was able to help, but he did look a little pathetic out there with his crutch.







The inside of the tent once the tables and chairs were set up.


It was quite a lot of work to prepare for the reception and wedding--but the Johnsons tackled each project with a lot of ease and energy. They did a good job delegating jobs and planning ahead so that it wasn't insanely busy on Saturday. Adam and I didn't feel very helpful because of our various physical hindrances, which is when Adam's dad started calling us "Hobble and Wobble".

I have changed Wobble to "Waddle"--because that's how I roll these days.

~julie

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the names of these post. Hobble and Waddle....so funny!

    ReplyDelete