Sunday, October 10, 2010

Arrrrrr....

A few more pictures commandeered from another teacher's blog! Thankee, me heartie Liz.


Inside Outback--where we ate dinner one evening in Beijing.


Trying to learn stunts and combat for stage fighting. Adam was good enough to practice with me and we can now do kicks to the stomache, back handed slaps, standard slaps, upper-cut punches, and right cross punches. We learned how to fall correctly, and how to react from primary, secondary, and tertiary contact zones. We learned about illusionary and actual targets and how angles can affect combat. My next step is to learn some sequences with daggers and rapiers. Then it's choreography time! Thank goodness for youtube; it's a regular life-saver! Thanks to Adam too--it was fun practicing stage fighting together!

School starts again tomorrow morning. I have mixed feelings about it. I am looking forward to teaching again, but not to constant interruptions. I am excited for our first rehearsal tomorrow afternoon as well! Although the scripts getting printed and bound on time is a little questionable at this point since there is no more spiral binding left and I forgot to put in a purchase request for more. I am also hoping the tech guy at school can fix my personal lap top. It's still acting up. The only program that I can get to open is skype...strange.

I must not forget...we need to put in a maintenance request for our washing machine. It is out of order since Thursday--which is rather inconvenient since we had a lot of laundry to do from our trip to Beijing. Hopefully the maintenance crew will be able to wield their magic soon, or else I will have to find a friend willing to share their laundry machine. The thought of dragging around wet, yet clean, laundry around our apartment complex is not very appealing--but we do what we must!

Adam is out buying toilet paper right now. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time that we have had to buy toilet paper in China. We purchase such large packages, they last forever!

~julie

No comments:

Post a Comment