Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sadly, Without Pictures

Wow. Almost three weeks of teaching completed, and I feel like I have been run over by a truck, thrown off a cliff, and run into a wall. I remember why I started to drink so many cups of coffee now, black, and why an early bedtime is the best bedtime. After working with children all day long, disciplining, managing, talking, listening, cleaning, instructing, reminding, reminding, reminding--I am utterly exhausted! With all the babies that are being born/fostered around here, people ask me weekly when I'm going to start having babies too. I love kids and think babies are extremely adorable, but let's just say that I'm more than content to just teach the children of others. Right now, I have 11 kids--and they interrupt me all the time.

Adam left for yet another trip (3rd so far this school year!) with the middle-school students for their annual fall camp. He is in a place called Guanmenshan; I think that it is the same place they went for last year's fall camp as well. It's up in the mountains and near a lake. He took our nice camera (thanks, Dad!) with him, so hopefully I'll be able to post a few student-face-less pictures on this blog over the coming weekend.

We discovered how to order McDonalds delivery recently. Adam had heard about the option, so I spent twenty minutes searching for the phone number to call in China. Successfully made the order, received our food, and felt very efficient. I didn't have to order in Chinese, but there's something fun about ordering McDonalds delivery. Can't get that in America! It's also a very dangerous discovery. Hopefully this will become only an emergency resort in times of great need and famine in our house. Then, a few days later, the number was shared among our teammates! It would have been so much easier to just wait for that number! It took me forever to find it for some reason. Google was not helping me out.

September 1. Wow! I can hardly believe that 2010 is almost over! It has probably been the shortest year of my life. September means autumn, and my birthday, and Treasure Island auditions, and that I forgot to pay Aiyi on Tuesday. Whoops. Don't have any money right now, which means that I am going to have to go to the ATM before I fall asleep. What a tiring day! The last thing that I want to do is go to the ATM. I have such the life though--no kids to take care of, no diapers to change, no husband to clean up after right now, and it's very quiet...finally. I think I can manage a bike ride down the street. Empty wallets are always inconvenient--unless you've had a run-in with a pick-pocket.

~julie

No comments:

Post a Comment