Thursday, September 26, 2013

Suspended


We are suspended in time while we wait. If I wasn't writing about it, I'd nearly forget that it is going on. It's easier to forget and ignore what is just under the surface. 

Our "normal" feels a little artificial. 



I look at Noah and wonder what his normal will be like. 



Here we are, on a "normal" Sunday, in September, in Shenyang. We enjoy Willow's giggles as she vies for attention. We soak in the feeling of Noah's soft, chubby hugs. We go on living life, while we wait--and that is our new normal. 



Yet, I can't help wondering how much longer this will last, and whether or not I will be strong enough for the next normal?


 But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;they shall mount up with wings like eagles;

they shall run and not be weary;they shall walk and not faint.

~Isaiah 40:31







No comments:

Post a Comment