Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Time

Sometimes...actually, most of the time, it is hard to judge how long a simple task or errand will take here. For example, when Adam and I went to pick up the new pillows for our couches, it took us about 90 minutes to travel home--although had plans gone perfectly we would have been home in 10 minutes.
It has been getting warmer and warmer in Shenyang! It is hard to survive in the heat after becoming used to the cold. I can't wait until it starts to cool down again!
Today I finished packing up my classroom and covering all the furniture with newspaper--with the help of friend it didn't take long at all. It is nice to have a break from teaching, but I can't wait to get started again! It will be wonderful to have a fresh start and I am excited for all the changes that I will be able to make. Adam will be taking on much more work next year compared to the past school year. He will be teaching five periods, plus an elective and a homeroom.

Now on an entirely different note, here are some pictures from when Adam's parents visited us in Shenyang about three months ago. One of the days that they were with us, we visited the Imperial Palace here in Shenyang--it is the only other existing palace other than the Forbidden City. Although it is only a fraction in size compared to the palace in Beijing, I still think that it is a fun place to visit! Too bad it was such a COLD day. We were freezing after our visit to Gu Gong.








No comments:

Post a Comment