Thursday, March 6, 2014

No time, no internet, no motivation



Well, it's literally been two months since I've updated last. As always, there are lots of great reasons why I haven't been able to keep up...mostly, though I can blame the internet. It seems that China doesn't like my blog and has been VERY effective with keeping me off of it. I am so glad that I am able to get on right now, for however brief a time. I can still access many sites (like facebook, youtube, and even others' blogs), but just not my own. Grrrr...

So what happened?

January:
-Willow turned 2.5 years old. I had intentions of throwing her a half-birthday-party. A plan that only existed in my head, and got stuck in brain matter.
-Noah reached the 5 month marker
-Celebrated another Chinese New Year. It was Noah's first, and Willow's third! Not as many fireworks this year, but enough to keep Willow equal parts fascinated and terrified. We bought a large box ourselves, and lit it off--much to Willow's horror. We have a video of us all freezing outside for the sake of gunpowder--and Willow is sobbing. Noah is nonchalant as usual. If our internet was faster, I'd upload it, because it's might entertain you.
-Adam enjoyed (I think...) a two week break from teaching
-Selfishly, I enjoyed not hosting anything during that two week break. I had a break from just about all my commitments, which was just what my introverted-self needed.
-We didn't eat a whole lot of meat during Chun Jie, since restaurants were closed, and the market wasn't selling any. How is Adam still alive?!

February
-Noah passed the 6 month mark.
-We continued to endure the brutally cold weather, with a few teasers of an approaching spring mixed in there.
-We received Noah's DNA microarray test results--which were normal! I hope to write more about this in the future.
-The attempt to get Noah's heart and kidneys checked via ultrasound failed. I also will write about this in the future. It was, in a word, traumatic. And in retrospect, it's hilarious.
-Willow became obsessed with Frozen, even more. She has most of the lyrics memorized, and works on the choreography. She would like nothing more than to have a single, thick braid draped over one shoulder.
-Um...I don't remember what we did in Februrary.

Now it's March! Tomorrow, Noah will be 7 months, and if China will let me on my blog--I really will try to update about Noah's development, personality, and health....for like the past three months.

In the mean time, here are some pictures for you.



We spent the big night of Chun Jie at a nice hotel--where we had a suite (for less than $100) that was larger and nicer than our apartment. Super nice! We ate dinner at Pizza Hut, and stopped at Starbucks the next morning. Pretty much the only places that were open, in the usually very busy Tai Yuan shopping/touristy area.






No comments:

Post a Comment