Friday, August 20, 2010

Back To School

Bouquets of sharpened pencils

New crayons

Fresh notebooks

Singing songs

Learning procedures

Learning names

Reading favorite picture books



Some landscapers working right out side our apartment building. I have seen them working so often during the spring and summer, that I recognize them quite easily as individuals now. I don't know their names, but I always feel a little bad for the young guy who works with them. He can't be more than 13 years old. I wonder if he goes to school, if this is just a summer job for him, or if he is helping his family's business.

At the little coffee shop that we love so much! It's called IS Cafe. It's about one mile from our apartment complex (probably a little less, but it takes about twenty minutes to walk there). Lately, we ride our bikes over there to get a fun drink and sometimes to stay and work. Last night after school, we did a little work at IS Cafe--aren't we so much fun on a Friday night? I thought it was amazing that Adam actually had work to do outside of the school building. This year is much more hectic for him.



Adam showing me how sweaty he is after their first volleyball practice of the season (high school team). He soaked two shirts. It's hard for me to believe that Adam can get THAT drenched just from playing volleyball.


~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment